The Occupy Middle School and Seoul Foreign School Collaboration is a global citizenship education initiative, dedicated to sustainable, authentic, differentiated, tech-integrated, and global-issues-based action. MYP Global Contexts and Sustainable Development Goals guide teachers, teams, and divisions through project-based-learning work that embeds meaningful citizenship, disciplinary standards, and language objectives for diverse populations. Through effective formative assessment and a workshop environment, students and teachers are engaged in higher-quality, lower-stress action and projects that can make a difference in the lives of learners and others.
OMS/SFS Partnership for the Goals
Globalization and Sustainability:
Investigate, plan, act, and reflect on how we can creatively link global contexts to authentic, sustainable action
01. Content Objectives
Each grade level, core subject will walk away with a sustainable action project linked to:
- MYP Global Contexts
- A toolkit and resource bank of global issues activities and curriculum possibilities
- A project grounded in empathy, authenticity, standards-based, problem-seeking and problem-solving, engagement and empowerment, publishable outcomes, and fun.
02. Language and Literacy objectives
Possessing common vocabulary and a common toolkit for attaining our content goals. These common practices will be rooted in:
- Investigate-Plan-Act-Reflect cycle
- Common action planning models for students (root cause, pyramid lite, passion + talent…)
- Empathy-driven hook activities to make student action more powerful
- A common lesson approach to support English language learning population in Global Contexts work
- Formative and summative assessment tools and links to standards in Global Contexts projects.
03. Formative assessment
04. Publication and Celebration
Teacher teams and/or grade level subjects will share and celebrate an attainable project, linked to:
- Global contexts
- Disciplinary content objectives
- Language objectives for diverse learners
- Manageable formative assessment
- An implementation plan for the 2018-19 school year.